In which a writer tests Bradbury's promise that one cannot write 52 bad short stories in a row.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Success! Second Story Accepted

I just received word that my second story in this project - a 1700 word short story set in Post-War Norway, has been accepted. For those keeping track, here are the statistics for "Hjemmelandet" -

Submitted to 20 markets
Rejected by 5 markets
Withdrawn from 15 markets

Here's the acceptance:

Dear Anniken

Thank you very much for your submission of "Hjemmelandet" to Halfway Down the Stairs.  We appreciate your interest and I apologize for the delay in our response.

The other fiction editors and I really liked this piece, and we would be keen to accept it for our upcoming issue (for publication on June 1)!  However, I'm aware some other 'zine may have snapped it up already?  Could you please let us know if so, or if you have any questions whatsover!

Kind regards

Alison Stedman
Senior Fiction Editor


No comments:

Post a Comment